Travel with Winter in Asia

March 03, 2004

The hostel is getting quiet as many backpacker headed to Nepal by Land Cruiser. Daniel and Mei finally left Tibet and fly to Xi'an, as Mei still feels little sick. I started to realize Tibet is not for everyone in this hash climate. It is interesting to see how many travelers laid on the dorm bed just to get away with headache, bad stomach, cold and fever. It is quite hash for me too, and I took a lot of rest after a day trip, and my body feel fragile and always at the edge of getting sick. I have been eating and resting carefully.

I packed my stuffs and checked out from the hostel, I have been in Lhasa for over ten days, I guess I need to move on to somewhere else. Nepal sounds like the way to go, only if I don't have to rent a 4x4 to get to the border. I decided to do it a little differently -- hitch-hiking to Nepal! No it doesn't sound as excited as it seems, there are a lot of uncertainty along the way, and I probably not going to see the Mt. Everest as it is a major 40km detour from the main road. Just checked the latest news, the Everest Base Camp is closed because of the icy road condition. Anyhow, the worst case is to come back to Lhasa if no one willing to pick me up... I have nothing to lose except some money, time and energy.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home