Coming from Tibet, it was a little unreal to be able to eat Club Sandwich and to have a lip of delicious Nepali milk tea for breakfast. But by the second day I quickly feeling normal, sleep-in for the morning and spent good part of the day shopping and eating around.
Having trained my road crossing skill in China for few months, I thought I have mastered it all -- Not in Nepal, the reckless driving here is surely entertained to experience. I finally learned how to "see-thru" the traffic and walk-thru it, to assume they will get around my way in the last second... It seems to work very well.
I had a giant french fires for lunch, attracted by the "Best Chips in Nepal" sign. Not bad at all, except that they charge for ketchup. Eating and accommodation are quite cheap here.
I fled to Pokhara this evening. Not because no bus to get here, I just feel like treating myself an airplane ride with mountains view, after been so long in Tibet. This 30 minutes ride saved my butt from 10 hours haul. Money well-spent!
Now in Pokhara, a tourisy little town, I bumped into Akiko again and she said she is having a bad stomach. She is pretty upset about it because she wanted to go trekking tomorrow and surely she is not going to make it. Perhaps I will join her the day after.
"Help Winter! The bike is flipping!!!" We had a fun ride into mountain with this Indian motorbike
It's really too bad not be able to see the Annapurna range in this clouding weather.
Since entering Nepal I started to wonder where I am heading next. I had two goal for this trip, one is to enter Tibet and one is to go to Kashgar in Xinjiang China. I still want to go to Kashgar but yet to figure out a sensible way to get there. With the Indian Pakistan politicial conflict and the winter closure of Korakoram Highway, my chance is getting slim... Unless I go back to Tibet.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home