We have been the last few days to acclimatize the altitude. It is interesting to watch myself breathing like finishing a 400m run while just walked up to the 3rd floor hotel room.
Everyone kept telling us that we arrived at the wrong time. The weather is cold, the grass turned brown and the lakes are frozen. But just in time for the Tibetan New Year we get to see the Tibetan people dress colorful.
Wander around Lhasa, for some reason I feel less fascinated than most traveler. Surely the deeply religious Tibetan people made the town interesting, but at the same time Lhasa is so developed that it is no longer the secret place to be. I wonder how long I will stay in Lhasa before moving out. It is a difficult decision, because outside Lhasa, finding proper food and decent place to stay would be almost impossible, and there are no public long distance transport. The only options is to rent a Toyota Land Cruiser or hitch-hiking. I don't know about hitch hiking in such a cold weather, and it is a multi-days action just to get to next sight.
I feel kind of lost in Lhasa, not in a very good mood. Perhaps it is because Daniel and Mei are still quite sick from the bus ride. And they are having some arguments too. It is very strange feeling to travel with someone when I have been alone for last few months. Perhaps it takes time to adjust, but down in my heart I feel I am very independent and don't want anything else get into my way. But I must be supportive to my friends... Mei is going back to Hong Kong tomorrow because of the sickness. I wonder if Daniel will follow?
Also I lost most of the photos taken in Tibet. My CD-burner doesn't seem to work once again and I am stupid enough to format the memory card before making sure they are on the CD. I am losing interest to take photos anymore.
The dorm room is cold. But I know it is already the warmest place to be, I cannot imagine what will happen once I leave Lhasa. It seems like it is the final destination of my travel. Maybe I should just stay in this holy town for the next month or so before my manager drag me back to reality.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home