"Welcome to Chiang Mai!"
A young monk greets me when the train approaches to the station of Chiang Mai. It was a long haul from Bangkok, fortunately my inflatable pillow became my butt saver for last 14 hours. I start to feel very insensitive about the time and I seem to be mastering the almost meditation like "day dreaming" when I am in transit. Maybe I am too lonely? I don't know but I seem to enjoy every moment very much.
Chiang Mai is the biggest northern city in Thailand and it gives a different feel from the usual seductive beach scenes. Indeed it is quite cold, so cold that I got awaken few time in the train and shaking my body on the pedicab on the way to the guest house. I hope it is just a early morning thing.
I will base myself here for at least two days. And will head to Chiang Khang to get across to Laos -- I don't have a guidebook but I have photo copied enough information from other backpacker that I feel quite comfortable to head into the country of Laos.
Biscuit shop
Tuk Tuk lining up on the street awaiting passengers
One of the many food market around the town of Chiang Mai
Happy bothers in the night market
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home