I bought myself the cheapest train ticket for Suratthani to Bangkok. 12 hours of Third class hard seater only cost 167B ($5CAD)! I have read a lot of Thailand information but I am still shocked how cheap it can be compare to the air-cond bus (~500B).
People started to speak Thai to me. I guess my Chinese look with dark color skin fits into the people here very well? I tried to pretend local but got busted quickly once they speak something other than the dollar amount... "phoem mic kau jia pa sa thai khrup!" (My favorite line so far: "I don't speak Thai")
The "hard seater" train in Thailand is really, hmm, a hard seater! Though not as crowded as riding in China, I know my butt is gonna hurt after 12 hours.... The train is basic at best, though the roof mounted fans constantly spinning and the window is actually openable. Now I have to find a perfect position to get some sleep for the night...
Thailand people are very friendly, so friendly that they feel no hesitation to lean on a complete stranger! Like their legs and shoulders crossing one another to form a perfect rest spots... Too bad the people sitting around me are all male!
Hopped on a bus and found the youth hostel, for only 70B I am pretty sure it is the cheapest one in the town. ;-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home