For mythical reason the latest batch of photos failed to load into the CD-writer. I am still scratching my head why it didn't work. But once thing for certain: my last two days of Bangkok photos are vaporized, including the memorable one I took at a monk drinking Pespi outside the temple...
It doesn't mean the time in Bangkok is wasted. If you can bear the heat (and now I am talking in the winter season), wandering around the city with endless food stalls can easily kill the whole afternoon, with lot of junk in your stomach too! My favorite area is the Chinatown, and it is probably the liveliest Chinatown I have been to. Hundreds of small shops selling everything from knockoff Hellokitty pens to real jewelries. At night the food hawkers conquer almost the entire road selling Thai and Chinese snack. And it is only 15 minutes of choppy bus ride from the hostel! The 70s Japanese front-engine Hino buses still going strong and torquey!
The MP3 player rescues me from boredom of Bangkok traffic gridlock, which took me over an hour to cover 10km to the train station... Just in time to catch the 2:30pm train to Ayutthara. Good bye Bangkok!
Ayutthara, former capital of Thailand, is a relaxing place to explore the temple and palace ruin
The "Tuk Tuk"
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home