Travel with Winter in Asia

November 19, 2003

So I left Xi'an this beautiful city three days ago and spent a day in Luoyang and headed to Shaolin Si (The famous Kung Fu temple) the day after. It was a rough ride to get there as the rain made the road muddy and at one point we stuck in the traffic for over an hour.. It took over 4 hours to get to the temple instead of the estimated 2 hours. Anyhow I don't really mind as I plan to stay in the hostel next to the temple for the night and start sight-seeing the area the day after.

I met a British guy called Daivd in the restaurant. Apparently he is the only foreigner around in this wet and floggy weather and I am the first one to speak proper English to him in over a week. We had a long chat and agreed to explore the area together tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I slept in and missed the 8am get-together. And I never been able to see him during the day...

I must admit that I am a bit, well, quite disappointed to what I see there. Maybe the combination of bad weather and wrong season made the experience less desirable. The temple was damp and quiet, with some local tourists wandering around. It seems like the management people notice the quiet and start broadcasting background music... Not the Kung Fu music but you guess what? The Titanic music in the temple! They must be out of their mind!! Even worse the local seems to enjoy it very much and start mumbling with the rhythm... I must get out of here quick!


Kung Fu students in Shaolin Temple



Padogas Forest in Shaolin Temple


Pictures taken in Qufu

Random shot in Confucius Mansions



"No.1 Mansions under the Heaven"



Someone's wedding



Walk along the city wall in the evening


Delicious food at the Qufu night market.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home