Travel with Winter in Asia

November 02, 2003

The 26 hours train ride from Hong Kong to Beijing was really comfortable and quiet, mostly because of the low season that only handful of people on the train. Arriving Beijing in the evening, I found myself starving to death as I didn't bring any food onto the train and refused to buy the overpriced lunch box. With a bit of effort I found the youth hostel to settle down. Ian and I found a dumpling store next to the hostel to fix my hunger. Afterward we walked to Tinanmen Square but then got kicked out by the PSB (police) because it closes at 10pm shape..

The hostel has very few people. It is nice and clean but a bit on the expensive side (Y50), I just moved out the hostel this morning and am heading to the other one in South Beijing and it costs only Y35 and more people that I can meet up with...

(1CAD = 6Y)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home