Nothing much happening in last few days except I went up to Shen Zhen, the city right across Hong Kong border, to open a bank account so I can get cash across China. I was told the China Postal is the best and very accessible even in relatively rural areas and towns.
I was a little nervous to bring so much cash (few thousands worth of Canadian dollars) up across the border as I heard too much horror stories. But everything went smoothly and no hassle. After a little of pokering I found a mini-bus to get me to the bank and it took only 5 minutes to set everything up.
The city is so different from my last visit around ten years ago. Constructions are in full wing everywhere and they are even digging the subway. I have no motivation to stay any longer and I head back to Hong Kong right after. As I have another family gathering with my two little cousin.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home